CeBER Publish in Hydrometallurgy Journal
JOURNAL OF HYDROMETALLURGY
Volume 168, March 2017, Pages 1–6
"Insight into solute and microbial transport in heap (bio)leaching systems using residence time distribution" - Govender-Opitz, E., Kotsiopoulos, A., Fagan-Endres, M. & Harrison, S.T.L.
- Bulk flowing solution facilitated initial rapid advection-dispersion of tracer.
- Established stagnant interstitial solution necessary for transport by advection
- Concentration gradient shown to be driving force for solute exchange between phases
- Agglomeration of inoculum increased retention of microbial tracer within ore bed.
- Further colonisation of ore bed dependant on hydrodynamic properties of solution