CeBER Publish in Chemical Engineering Science
CHEMICAL ENGINEERING SCIENCE
Volume 172 Pages 545-558
"Modelling microbial transport in simulated low-grade heap bioleaching systems: The hydrodynamic dispersion model" - Elaine Govender-Opitz, Athanasios Kotsiopoulos, Christopher G. Bryan, Susan T.L. Harrison
- Microbial concentration gradient and substrate availability drives transport.
- Bulk advection-dispersion forces facilitate chemical and microbial transport.
- Integration of population balance model improved estimation of mineral leach rates.
- Ore-associated maximum specific growth rate significantly greater than that in PLS.
- Successfully predicted changes in microbial concentration in phases within ore bed