CeBER Publish in Algal Research Journal
28 Jun 2017 - 14:30
Volume 24A, June 2017, Pages 317-324
"Energy consumption due to mixing and mass transfer in a wave photobioreactor" - Sarah M.J. Jones, Tobias M. Louw, Susan T.L. Harrison
- Wave bioreactors show good mixing and mass transfer.
- Rocking rate and rocking angle affect mixing, mass transfer and energy consumption.
- Wave bioreactors are suitable for microalgal cultivation.
- Energy consumption can be reduced to a critical minimum.
- Wave bioreactors may be an alternative to sparged photobioreactors.